Wednesday, November 29, 2006

WHAT"S THIS ALL ABOUT?

On Saturday morning, November 11, 2006, just four days after The Election, I went down to Ocean Beach in San Francisco (the city where an Impeach-Bush-and-Cheney resolution passed with 91,000 “yes” votes), and with the heel of my boot I carved into the sand -- in 100-foot letters that stretched for more than 400 feet along the beach -- this message:

I M P E A C H !

In advance, I had alerted some of my friends, and that morning thirty of them joined me on the beach. A helicopter arrived briefly overhead, and while all of us laid down inside the outline of the message’s exclamation point, photographers recorded the scene from above. (See three photos at http://homepage.mac.com/bradnewsham/PhotoAlbum1.html)

When the helicopter chattered away, my friends said: “Imagine… Imagine how mind-blowing, how powerful this would be if all these letters were filled in with bodies!”

(View photos and imagine the potential of the Ocean Beach site at:

http://homepage.mac.com/bradnewsham/PhotoAlbum1.html


And today, November 29, the Park Service issued a permit for just that to happen -- I can invite anyone I want, and so can you.

Thanks,

Brad Newsham
(www.bradnewsham.com)

1 Comments:

Blogger spynverzyon said...

"And if Pelosi named Obama as vice-president... what a change in the face America shows to the world! Shock and awe would take on a whole new meaning. The international community would again shower America with the same empathy, support, and goodwill that were showered upon us after 9/11."

Don't kid yourself, friend - Pelosi and Obama would be a way bigger disaster than 9/11.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home